A FIRE BAN – ADVISORY has been declared in Wheatland County.
Effective: August 21, 2023
This ban represents a moderate fire risk. Permit burning in the County is banned. All outstanding permits are suspended until further notice.
This ban prohibits:
- Fire Permits
- Fireworks Permits
The exemptions to this fire ban are listed as follows:
- Catalytic of infrared-style heaters
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Internal household fire places
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified
- Recreational camp fires (approved burn pit 24” in diameter or less)
- Regulated burning barrels
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
No new fire permits will be issued for the duration of the advisory as per the Forest and Prairie Protection Act. Fire permits already issued are cancelled at this time. Fires in recreational Fire pits and incinerators are permitted but please use extreme caution when using burn barrels or fire pits.