Are you looking to volunteer your time for an essential service that affects the lives and safety of those living within the Wheatland County? Consider joining one of the 8 Fire Departments within our County.
To become a volunteer firefighter, you need to:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Be willing to learn how to become a firefighter through training nights and external training courses provided.
- Be responsible and dependable.
- Come with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to help your neighbours, friends, and strangers in an emergency.
- Be a Canadian citizen or have Landed Immigrant Status.
We will provide you with:
- Firefighter training and practice sessions.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- The knowledge to perform tasks safely and efficiently.
- Confidence to meet the challenges and demands of serving as a volunteer firefighter.
If the opportunity to become part of the county’s dedicated volunteers who provide this vital community-based service interests you, please call 403-361-2165 to find out how you can become a Volunteer Firefighter.