Dust control is offered by Wheatland County for landowners or residents within the County who wish to reduce the amount of dust created by vehicles travelling on the gravel roads near their homes, businesses or farms.
- Payment must be received with completed application(s).
- Dust Control will only proceed if there is sufficient interest.
- Minimum order 122 meters (400 ft.)
- Typically it requires two calcium applications to provide dust control for an entire year. The second application is optional (fee applies to each application).
- Prices reflect “no-charge” for county staff or equipment.
Calcium chloride is salt water brine. Once calcium chloride has been applied twice it will typically last the season under normal conditions.
Oil is crude oil mixed with gravel; it is then spread and packed. Oil should last three or more years under normal conditions. Because oil is easier to mix and will last longer if the weather is hot and dry, the county waits until midsummer to apply.
Wheatland County also offers patching of previously applied oil dust control.
Please be advised that the inspection and patching is scheduled only if time permits.