Over one hundred volunteer fire fighters assist with providing fire services to Wheatland County. Majority of them volunteer for fire associations with fire halls located in Dalum, Gleichen, Hussar, Rockyford, Rosebud, and Standard. Carseland and Wheatland West (Strathmore) fire halls are operated by Wheatland County.
Our full-time staff are committed to not only providing top-notch emergency care, but are dedicated to making our community safer by providing a comprehensive inspection, investigation, and fire prevention program.
We recognize the valuable contribution fire fighters make in volunteering their time to the protection and safety of all residents and visitors of Wheatland County and the Villages of Hussar, Rockyford, and Standard.
If you require emergency police, fire, or medical attention, please call 9-1-1!
A Fire that is contained in an Incinerator, barbeque, or residential fire pit does not require a Fire Permit under Bylaw 2019-06:
A Fire which is contained in an Incinerator, barbeque or residential fire pit does not require a Fire Permit under this Bylaw provided that:
- a minimum of 4 meters clearance from buildings, property lines and combustible materials or as approved by the Regional Fire Chief is maintained;
- the Incinerator, barbeque or fire pit is constructed of bricks or concrete blocks or heavy gauge metal or other suitable non-combustible components;
- the Incinerator, barbeque or fire pit has a spark arrestor mesh screen of 0.7 centimeters (.25 inches) expanded metal (or equivalent) to contain sparks over the Fire at all times;
- the Incinerator, barbeque or fire pit is supervised at all times by a responsible adult person until such time that Fire has been extinguished. A Fire shall be deemed to include hot ashes and smoldering embers resulting from the Fire;
- only wood, charcoal briquettes, propane or natural gas fuels are used; and
- flame height does not exceed 100 cm (3.28 feet) above the incinerator, barbecue or fire pit.
Permits may be obtained from the Wheatland County office or from your local fire guardians. A fire permit application must be filled out and signed by a Fire Guardian.
Fire halls and associations operating in Wheatland County