The Wheatland West Waste Transfer Site offers the following services:
- Transfer Bins: household garbage, furniture, mattresses, treated wood (MDF, particle board), bundled wire, sharps (needles, razors), plastics, and glass.
- Recycling: newsprint, cardboard, metal, electronics, batteries, bulbs, oil, oil filters and containers, antifreeze, propane tanks <100lbs., paint, bagged twine, tires, and Freon or regular appliances.
- Compost: yard waste (grass, leaves, etc.), vegetable scraps, wood shavings, and hay/straw (small quantities). *Bags must be compostable.
- Wood pit: bare, clean lumber. No dirt, rocks, or treated wood.
- Hazardous waste: household chemicals, automotive paints, and aerosol chemical sprays. *Must be labeled in a sealed container, and in quantities <20L.
- Also accepting cleaned pesticide containers.
- Burning barrel ash: Ash must be at least 3 weeks old.
Visit the Waste Transfer Sites page for a full listing of accepted and non-disposable materials.
252003 Township Rd 240
NE 34-23-25 W4
Tuesday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
All Wheatland County operations are closed on STAT holidays.