On CP’s Standard to Bassano feeder line. Home to Chancellor Sports Club.
When the railroad reached Chancellor in 1912, the hamlet had a population of thirty. In 1917, area land (with 40 broken acres and a small house and barn) was sold to soldiers returning from WWI. By 1920, there were 130 farmers in the Chancellor area. In 1948, a two sheet curling rink was built. In 1950, oil was found and Chancellor found itself sitting atop an oil field. The Hussar gas plant just north of Chancellor provided work for many local boys.