Who Can Vote?
To vote in a Wheatland County municipal election, you must meet all the following criteria:
• You have lived in Alberta for six consecutive months prior to Election Day (since April 16, 2017)
• You are a resident of the electoral division in which you are voting on the day of the election (October 16, 2017)
• You are 18 years of age or older
• You are a Canadian Citizen
All voters will be required to sign a Form 8 Voting Registry (PDF) at the time of voting. The voting registry is a legally binding document and it is an offence to sign a false statement.
What to Bring
All voters must provide identification to confirm their identity and address. Electronic versions/copies are acceptable.
• Photo identification issued by a Canadian government or agency, whether federal, provincial or local
• Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
• Correspondence issued by a school, college or university
• Government cheque or cheque stub
• Income/property tax assessment notice
• Insurance policy or coverage card
• Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee
• Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation
• Residential lease or mortgage statement
• Statement of government benefits: e.g. Employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support, or child tax benefit
• Utility bill: e.g. telephone, utilities, television, electricity, internet
• Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate
• A letter or form (attestation) confirming that the person lives at the stated address