Construction Period – April to September 2022
Wheatland County is re-building the portion of Range Road 205 between Township Road 250 and Highway 564.
Construction is planned to begin as weather permits the week of April 19th, 2022 and crews are anticipated be working until September to complete.
Range Road 205 Construction will include:
- Construction of a 8.6m wide gravel surfaced road (working in a North – South direction)
- Temporary fencing where required
- Access to private parcels
- Installation of numerous culverts
Speed will be reduced to 50km/hr in work areas, and access along RR 205 will be detoured as required during construction. Please follow all posted signage if you are driving in the area.
- The North Detour Route will be used to detour traffic around RR 205 during major works occurring between TWP 254A and HWY 564 using HWY 842 (Phase 1)
- The South Detour Route will be used to detour traffic around RR 205 during major works occurring between TWP 254A and TWP 252 (Phase 2) and between TWP 252 and TWP 250 (Phase 3) using HWY 842.
As sections of road are finished and approved, gravel placement will commence immediately to open these phases of road for public use.
Once construction commences, weekly updates will be posted on the County website: www.wheatlandcounty.ca