Notification of Gas Flaring
North 40 Resources Ltd (N40) will be flaring due to a shut down by TCPL on the CNRL facility North 40’s gas is connected into. This emergency flaring will continue until operational challenges are resolved in order to sell gas again at this meter station. This Flaring operation will be in accordance with good oilfield practices as well as Alberta Energy Regulator regulations.
Site Supervisor: Fernando Noronah Contact Number: (403) 793-0686
Well Surface Flare Location:
- 16-20-26-17W4 Battery (16-20-26-17W4 Surface)
- 16-21-26-17W4 (16-20-26-17W4 Surface)
- 02/16-29-26-17W4(16-20-26-17W4 Surface)
- 15-29-026-17W4 Battery (15-29-026-17W4 Surface)
- 00/16-32-026-17W4 (15-29-026-17W4 Surface)
- 00/15-32-026-17W4 (15-29-026-17W4 Surface)
- 00/14-33-026-17W4 (13-28-026-17W4 Surface)
- 100/07-30-026-17W4(07-29-026-17W4 Surface)
- 100/06-03-027-17W4(Surface 11-04-027-17W4
- 03/14-28-26-17W4(14-21-26-17W4 Surface) 13-05-026-17W4 Battery (13-05-026-17W4 Surface)
- 00/04-07-027-17W4 (13-05-027-17W4 Surface)
- 00/13-08-027-17W4 (13-05-027-17W4 Surface)
- 15-05-027-17W4 Battery (15-05-027-17W4 Surface)
- 00/15-08-027-17W4 (15-05-027-17W4 Surface) Includes tanks at 11-05
- 02/16-04-027-17W4(16-05-027-17W4 Surface)
- 02/16-05-27-17W4 SWB( 9-06-27-17W4 Surface)
- 100/05-12-027-18W4 (04-07-027-17W4 Surface)
- 100/13-25-026-18W4 (13-30-026-17W4 Surface)
- 100/13-01-027-18W4 (14-35-026-18W4 Surface)
- 102/05-10-027-18W4(05-03-027-18W4 Surface)
Reason for Flaring: Emergency operational flaring
Expected Start Date: March 4, 2021 Expected End Date: TBD
Expected Flare Volume: N40 is expected to cut back by 75% of previous 30-day production gas rates for planned maintenance in accordance with AER Directive 60.
To adhere to Directive 60 regulations, all residents in the surrounding 1.5 km need to be notified of flaring operations. If any H2S is present the radius is expanded. The time period above is based off current weather conditions and timing. Once the planned maintenance is complete flaring will subside.
Should further information be required regarding the construction or operation of this project, please contact Gerald Aleman at 403-324-1500 or (403) 974-6822.