Standard Waste Transfer Site
The Standard Waste Transfer Site offers the following services:
- Transfer Bins: household garbage, furniture, mattresses, treated wood (MDF, particle board), bundled wire, sharps (needles, razors), plastics, and glass.
- Recycling: newsprint, cardboard, metal, electronics, batteries, bulbs, oil, oil filters and containers, antifreeze, propane tanks <100lbs., paint, bagged twine, tires, and Freon or regular appliances.
- Compost: yard waste (grass, leaves, etc.), vegetable scraps, wood shavings, and hay/straw (small quantities). *Bags must be compostable.
- Wood pit: trees and branches <10’ in length, brush, clean lumber, and pallets. *No dirt, rocks, or treated wood.
- Hazardous waste: household chemicals, automotive paints, and aerosol chemical sprays. *Must be labeled in a sealed container, and in quantities <20L.
- Also accepting cleaned pesticide containers
Visit the Waste Transfer Sites page for a full listing of accepted and non-disposable materials.
251001 Range Rd 223
SW 10-25-22 W4
Monday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday9:00 am - 5:00 am
*NEW HOURS EFFECTIVE JUNE 14, 2023*
Monday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
All Wheatland County operations are closed on STAT holidays.