Fire Ban - Advisory
August 8, 2019
A Fire Ban - Advisory has been declared in Wheatland County. This ban represents a moderate fire risk.
Permit burning in the County area is banned. All burning permits are suspended until further notice.
This ban prohibits:
- All Fire Permits
- All Fireworks Permits
The exemptions to this fire ban are listed as follows:
- Internal household fire places
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Regulated burning barrels
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Recreational camp fire (approved fire pit 24" in diameter or less)
For a complete list of what is included in each category of fire ban, see here
Our Fire Bans are applicable to only our County. Other jurisdictions and Provincial Parks will have their own regulations. Check before you burn!