Fire Ban Update!
August 10, 2018
FIRE BAN - RESTRICTION
Fire Ban declared in Wheatland County
A FIRE RESTRICTION is in effect. This ban represents a severe fire risk.
Permit burning in the County area is banned. All outstanding burning permits are suspended until further notice.
Effective Date: August 10, 2018
FIRE RESTRICTION (Severe fire risk)
This ban includes:
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- All Fire Permits
- All Fireworks Permits
- Regulated burning barrels
- Solid fuel barbeques (charcoal briquettes)
- Reactional camp fires
The exemptions to this fire ban are listed as follows:
- Internal household fire places
- Camp stoves
- Liquid fuel barbecues (propane and natural gas)
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified.
For a complete list of what is included in each category of fire ban, see here