Grassland Wildfire Operations is designed to meet the training need for the municipal and wildland fire personnel conducting grassland wildfire suppression operations. This course is adapted for use from the Grassland Fire Operations training course developed by Saskatchewan Environment and Parks Canada (2003) and the Wildfire Orientation training course developed by Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development.
This 8 hour (one day) course provides the students with the skills and knowledge to:
- size up a grassland wildfire incident;
- evaluate the potential fire situation; and
- apply (at the direction of command) safe and effective strategies and tactics to contain and extinguish grassland wildfires.
Course content includes:
- Grassland Wildfire Awareness, behaviour, Operations, and Firefighter Safety
- Municipal Fire Officers and Firefighters
- Municipal Public Works Personnel
- Interested Area Farmers
- Wildland Type 1 Crew Leaders and Members
The course concludes with a 25 question open book written exam. The required passing mark is 80%, a certificate will be mailed to the upon successful completion of the course. Students will also participate in group exercises throughout the day long training.
To reserve your spot for the February 23rd Course please RSVP no later than Friday, February 15th, 2019 to:
#242006 Rge Rd 243