The following fact sheets are published by the Province of Alberta. They are provided here for convenient access for Wheatland County residents.
- The Water Act Essentials: A factsheet developed by Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and the Farmers’ Advocate Office describing the Alberta Water Act and its implications for farmers.
- Environmental Response Line: If you have information about a spill, release, or emergency that could damage the environment, check out this factsheet.
- Water Act: A general factsheet giving an overview about the Alberta Water Act.
- Alberta Water Act: An overview of water use requiring licensing, and activities requiring approval under the Water Act.
- Riparian Rights and Shoreline Modifications: A factsheet about land ownership next to a waterbody, and rules regarding works taking place in riparian areas.
- Spring Run-off Flood Prevention: A factsheet about rules surrounding management of spring run-off. What can you do as a landowner?
- Water Act - Approvals: A more detailed look at the kinds of activities that require approval under the provincial Water Act.
- Water Act - Dugouts: What rules apply to developing a dugout? If you construct your dugout a certain way, it will not require an approval.
- Water Act - Licences: A more detailed look at the kinds of water use that require a license under the provincial Water Act.
- Alberta Wetland Policy Implementation Fact Sheet for Agriculture: What is the Alberta Wetland Policy and how does it affect agricultural producers?