Fire Permit Application
Active Fire Bans:
Our Fire Bans are applicable to only our County. Other jurisdictions and Provincial Parks will have their own regulations. Check before you burn!
Fire Permit applications are accepted Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on regular business days. Applications submitted past 3:30 are not guaranteed to be processed that day.
Issued under the authority of the Forest and Prairie Protection Act, R.S.A 2000 Chapter F-19. The regulations thereunder and the Bylaw may be amended.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to:
- Obtain permission, if necessary, to burn on any land.
- Be familiar with and abide by the requirements of the Forest and Prairie Protection Act, the regulations there under and the Bylaws as may be amended.
- The permit period is limited to a maximum of five (5) days unless special conditions apply, and is non-transferrable.
- The permit holder is responsible for all above and below ground utilities.
- This permit is not valid unless signed by a Wheatland County Fire Guardian.
This Permit Authorizes: