On the CN's Calgary to Drumheller rail line. Just off Hwy 564. On the Serviceberry Creek.
In 1910, the CNR purchased the land for the Ardenode townsite. The name Ardenode was one of 14 Irish names submitted to the Canada Post Office by the Davis twins. Construction of the Ardenode store and post office began in 1911. Rail service begain in 1914. In 1919, P&H constructed a grain elevator. Local children attended Serviceberry Creek School. Source: Along the Fireguard Trail.
Currently, CR Fuels Inc. and Cattleland Feedyards Ltd. are proposing to develop a state of the art bio-village near Ardenode. The synergistic bio-village would be an integrated bio-fuels complex that would include the production of bio-diesel, ethnol, and a bio-mass power generator.
Ardenode Map (PDF)