On September 10, 2022, Highway 24 will be closed from the Bow River Bridge to North of the Speargrass Access.
The contractor will implement traffic control as shown in Hwy 817 – Detour Plan – Implemented September 6. Motorists will be traveling on a gravel surface:
Northbound to Speargrass:
- North on Highway 24 to Range Road 253B.
- North on Range Road 253B to the Highway 24 Connector
- West on the Highway 24 Connector to the Golf Course Connector
- South on the Golf Connector to Speargrass
Southbound to Speargrass:
- South on Highway 24 to the Highway 24 Connector
- East on the Highway 24 Connector to the Golf Course Connector
- South on the Golf Course Connector to Speargrass
A speed limit of 50 km/h will be posted. Where construction operations are active near the detour route, one-way alternating traffic will be implemented. The Contractor is targeting late November for project completion.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while construction is ongoing.