HWY 817 Construction Update: September 9, 2022
On September 10, 2022, Highway 24 will be closed from the Bow River Bridge to North of the Speargrass Access.
The contractor will implement traffic control as shown in Hwy 817 – Detour Plan – Implemented September 6. Motorists will be traveling on a gravel surface:
Northbound to Speargrass:
- North on Highway 24 to Range Road 253B.
- North on Range Road 253B to the Highway 24 Connector
- West on the Highway 24 Connector to the Golf Course Connector
- South on the Golf Connector to Speargrass
Southbound to Speargrass:
- South on Highway 24 to the Highway 24 Connector
- East on the Highway 24 Connector to the Golf Course Connector
- South on the Golf Course Connector to Speargrass
A speed limit of 50 km/h will be posted. Where construction operations are active near the detour route, one-way alternating traffic will be implemented. The Contractor is targeting late November for project completion.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while construction is ongoing.