Gleichen 8th Avenue Wastewater Main Replacement Project Construction Start
Construction crews will commence work on 8th Avenue from Greisbach Street to the cemetery starting Tuesday, May 25th. Work is anticipated to run until Mid-July, weather permitting.
The 8th Avenue Wastewater Main Replacement Project will include:
- Removal/replacement of wastewater main and service lines up to property lines on 8th Avenue from Greisbach Street to Gleichen Cemetery, including up to the laneway on Adam Street;
- Replace all existing water CC valves;
- Removal/replacement of water service to the Arena;
- Abandon and cap off wastewater and water service to the school property;
- Adjustment of the road grading on 8th Avenue next to the Arena; and
- A reconstructed roadway on 8th Avenue from Greisbach Street to Gleichen Cemetery, including up to laneway on Adam Street
Due to the extent of the work, there will not be enough space to allow for traffic flow on 8th Avenue, so drivers are reminded to watch for detours and reduced speed limits in the area.
Parking and Driveway Access
While crews are working, parking restrictions will be in place to ensure crews have room to work safely. During the construction, no access to residential properties and driveways from 8th Avenue will be permitted for an extended period of time. Laneway access will remain open for property owners. Whenever possible and safe to do so, we will gradually open up traffic along 8th Avenue moving South to North to allow for residential access.
While crews are working, water and wastewater services may experience brief (1-2 hrs) interruptions. Notice of these shutdowns will be provided to impacted residents.
Any questions or comments can be directed to Maureen Saunders, Special Projects Coordinator:
P: 403-934-3284 E: email@example.com