A FIRE BAN has been declared in Wheatland County.
Effective: July 21, 2021
This ban represents an extreme fire risk.
Wheatland County has issued a fire ban due to dry and windy conditions throughout the County, this has resulted in an extreme fire hazard. The fire ban will be in effect until further notice.
Permit burning in the County is banned. All outstanding permits are suspended until further notice.
This ban prohibits:
- Fire Permits
- Fireworks Permits
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Recreational camp fires (approved fire pit 24” in diameter or less)
- Regulated burning barrels
- Solid fuel barbeques (charcoal briquettes
The exemptions to this fire ban are listed as follows:
- Catalytic of infrared-style heaters.
- Internal household fireplaces
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
This is a FULL FIRE BAN, the situation is critical.