Fire Ban – Advisory Declared August 6, 2020
A FIRE BAN – ADVISORY has been declared in Wheatland County.
Effective: August 6, 2020
This ban represents a moderate fire risk. Permit burning in the County is banned. All outstanding permits are suspended until further notice.
This ban prohibits:
- Fire Permits
- Fireworks Permits
The exemptions to this fire ban are listed as follows:
- Catalytic of infrared-style heaters.
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas.
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Internal household fire places
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Recreational camp fires (approved burn pit 24” in diameter or less)
- Regulated burning barrels
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
Our Fire Bans are applicable to only our County. Other jurisdictions and Provincial Parks will have their own regulations. Check before you burn!
Wheatland County has issued a Fire Advisory due to the dry, windy, and warm conditions that exist. There is a very high risk of fire spread during windy conditions in any cured (dead and dry) grass fuel type, such as those that exist across the County.