A FIRE BAN – ADVISORY has been declared in Wheatland County.
Effective: August 6, 2020
This ban represents a moderate fire risk. Permit burning in the County is banned. All outstanding permits are suspended until further notice.
This ban prohibits:
- Fire Permits
- Fireworks Permits
The exemptions to this fire ban are listed as follows:
- Catalytic of infrared-style heaters.
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas.
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Internal household fire places
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Recreational camp fires (approved burn pit 24” in diameter or less)
- Regulated burning barrels
- Solid fuel barbecues (charcoal briquettes)
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
Wheatland County has issued a Fire Advisory due to the dry, windy, and warm conditions that exist. There is a very high risk of fire spread during windy conditions in any cured (dead and dry) grass fuel type, such as those that exist across the County.