OH & Tongue Creek Ranch Tours
This event has ended
July 28, 2022
8:45 am - 4:00 pm
- OH brush encroachment history on grassland. Using tools such as mechanical, spray & grazing management.
- NCC and OH partnership: water projects.
- OH field sites – MULTISAR project, historical observations, lease & deeded, disturbed & reclaimed grassland.
Tongue Creek Ranch
- Tongue Creek Ranch plans regarding prescribed burns
- Using prescribed burns as a tool to manage brush encroachment of grasslands by wood species (brush and trees).
- Historical and vegetation context on Tongue Creek Ranch
Directions to OH Ranch Cookhouse:
- Head west of Longview on Highway 541
- Follow Hwy 541 for 8.5 Kilometers
- Turn Right at the overhead sign that reads Rio Alto Ranch, there will also be Calgary Stampede brands on the gates.
- Follow their driveways, hang left in the yard and follow the signs to the Cookhouse.
*Please dress appropriately for the weather as we will be outside for much of the day.*