April 30, 2020,
To: Residents/Owners of The Lakes of Muirfield
Wheatland County Residents
The Lakes of Muirfield Home Owners Association
Condominium Corporation No. 0710284
Condominium Corporation No. 0811158
Re: The Lakes of Muirfield Development (the “Development”)
Potable Water System and Storm Drainage System
After significant deliberations and consultation between Wheatland County (the “County”) and 0747744 B.C. Ltd., the current developer of the Development (the “Developer”), the decision has been made to turn over the responsibility for and ownership of the Development and the above-noted utility systems to the County effective April 30, 2020.
In this regard, we can advise as follows:
- The immediate and primary goal and concern of the County and the Developer has been and will continue to be ensuring the continued operation and delivery of essential services to the Development and its residents and owners;
- The operation of the on-site potable water system will continue as normal under the current operator;
- Commencing April 30, 2020, all water service invoices, service fees, arrears or other amounts payable in respect of potable water services within the Development will be payable to the County, care of the County’s offices at: 242006 Rg. Rd. 243, Highway 1 RR 1, Strathmore, Alberta T1P 1J6
- The operation of the storm drainage system will continue as currently designed and constructed;
- The ownership and operation of the on-site and offsite wastewater system will remain with The Lakes of Muirfield Home Owners Association;
- The County intends to continue to endeavor to assist and support the wastewater system servicing the Development; and
- The County will be continuing to work with the stakeholders in the Development and utility services, including the Developer, to provide for a transition that is as efficient as possible in the circumstances.
We look forward to updating you further as this matter progresses.