Building a road approach or upgrading your driveway? Did you know, Wheatland County residents are able to purchase 3/4″ crushed gravel and pitrun at a reduced cost? Please purchase gravel sales tickets at the main administration office prior to hauling.
Starting in 2021, residents will be able to redeem their gravel tickets between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the set days and locations as outlined below:
- May 11 and 12, 2021 – Goldsmith Pit (Cluny) located at NE-8-22-21-W4M
- July 7 and 8, 2021 – Christensen Pit (Carseland) located at NE-03-22-25-W4M
- September 1 and 2, 2021 – Wintering Hills / Chizik Pit (Dalum) located at NE-28-26-18-W4M
To collect gravel on the dates and at the locations noted above, please park at the gravel sales sign and stay in your vehicle until the loader operator notifies you to proceed.
Not sure how much you need?
- Crush: 1 tonne = 0.79 cubic yards or 1 cubic yard = 1.27 tonnes
- Pitrun: 1 tonne = 0.67 cubic yards or 1 cubic yard = 1.49 tonnes12 tonnes fit into a truck and 12 tonnes fit into a pup
- 3-ton truck will hold 8 tonnes of gravel
- Belly dump & end dump – 24 tonnes
- Tandem axle – 12 & 13 tonnes
For your safety and ours, loader operators will not load gravel into the box of a pickup truck.
To purchase gravel tickets, the completed application form (below) and applicable payment must be submitted together. The form and payment can be completed in-person at our administration office or submitted online through our credit card application form.
Terms and Conditions
- Gravel is sold to County ratepayers for personal use only. A ratepayer cannot sell gravel purchased from the County. No sales for commercial or business use will be allowed.
- Sales to other local governments and First Nations are not considered commercial. Any sales to other local governments and First Nations above the maximum allowable (200 tonnes) must be authorized by Council.
- Sales are on crushed gravel or pit run only.
- Sales will occur three times per year from select County pits only, no stockpile site sales will occur. Sales will be held in the spring, summer, and fall, and sale dates will be determined by January 31st of each year. Sale locations will be determined and advertised a month in advance of each sale date.
- A maximum of 200 tonnes of gravel per ratepayer, per year applies. Only the landowner, or an individual with written permission from the landowner to purchase gravel against their name, can purchase or be provided with gravel tickets.
- Gravel is sold at current rates as per Wheatland County’s Master Schedule of Fees.
- Smaller amounts of gravel, no greater than the box of a pick-up truck, may be removed from open County pits only by County residents at no charge. This gravel must be loaded by a shovel with no mechanical or motorized assistance permitted.